Spirituality, Theology and Health Research Seminar
These seminars are open to all staff and students of Durham University and to the general public. However, please be aware that they are aimed at a postgraduate level and are therefore especially suitable for MA, PhD and DThM students, as well as for others engaged in postgraduate study in relevant areas of enquiry.
Also feel free to visit the website of the Centre for Spirituality, Theology and Health and keep yourself updated with the latest news on Spirituality, Theology and Health:
To view and download the latest Spirituality, Theology and Health Research Seminar Programme, please click below:
- Spirituality, Theology & Health Research Seminar Programme (Epiphany & Easter 2020) (last modified: 12 March 2020)
There are no seminars in this series for the dates selected.
Click on the links below for Additional information on each seminar, including the speaker's bio, abstract, and possibly the seminar's video recording.
- 30 April 2020 16:30: * CANCELLED * ‘Human kind cannot bear very much reality’: the relationship between John Ruskin’s aesthetic theory, spirituality, and mental health - Revd Canon Dr Joanna Collicutt, Oxford University
- 12 March 2020 16:30: Drawing on a theology of individual differences to explore resilience and wellbeing among Christian clergy: An empirical enquiry - Revd Canon Prof. Leslie Francis, University of Warwick
- 13 February 2020 16:30: The Role of the Body in Religion - Dr Fraser Watts, University of Lincoln
- 5 December 2019 16:30: Theology and Spiritual Care Beyond Story - Revd Dr Christopher Swift, MHA
- 24 October 2019 16:30: Religion in the Fertility Clinic: Invisibility and Alienation - Prof. Robert Song, Durham University
- 9 May 2019 16:30: Hope and Health in 'Larger Contexts': Hans Mol, Jurgen Moltmann, and Viktor Frankl on Self-Transcendence - Dr Adam Powell, Durham University
- 14 March 2019 16:30: The Book of Job: speaking faith in the midst of trauma - Revd Dr Isabelle Hamley, King's College London
- 28 February 2019 16:30: "Living Deeply": A Pastoral Integration of Psychology and Spirituality - Dr Fraser Watts, Visiting Professor of Psychology and Religion, University of Lincoln
- 14 February 2019 16:30: * CANCELLED * Diagnosing Paul: A Methodology for Understanding the Impairment and Disability of the Apostle to the Gentiles - Mr Isaac Soon, Durham University
- 17 January 2019 16:30: Caring for women with eating disorders: Could insights from feminist theology reform the practice of pastoral care? - Dr Carolyn Blair, Queen’s University Belfast
- 6 December 2018 16:30: Memory, Narrative and Ageing - Dr Jocelyn Bryan, Academic Dean and Cranmer Hall Tutor at St John’s College, Durham
- 22 November 2018 16:30: The Rainbow Bridge: Intimations of Immortality - Revd Dr Susan Gabriel Talbot, Writer, worker for the Gettalife Project charity, Spiritual Director and Anglican sister
- 25 October 2018 16:30: Shape of Water: ‘Medicine of Mortality’ in Patristic Pastoral Healthcare - Dr Susan R. Holman, Academic editor & writer in medicine & global health, Harvard University (2007-2018); John R. Eckrich Chair & Professor of Religion & the Healing Arts, Valparaiso University (2019); Senior Fellow of the Harvard University Initiative on Health, Religion, a
- 3 May 2018 16:30: Dietrich Bonhoeffer Meets Albert Schweitzer: Can ‘Reverence for the Penultimate’ form a Christian Mandate for Church Involvement in 21st Century Healthcare? - Dr Robert Jaggs-Fowler, Durham University
- 26 April 2018 16:30: Co-productive Ethics: Bridging the Fact-Value Divide in Mental Health Service Provision - Revd Julian Raffay, Durham University
- 15 March 2018 16:30: The human professional: facilitating or obstructing patient-centred end of life care? - Dr Colette Hawkins
- 1 March 2018 16:30: The nature of prayer in the theology of Joseph Ratzinger - Ms Silvija Balenović Visinski, MA Social Worker; PhD student, Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Rome
- 15 February 2018 16:30: Authentic Interiority and Studying Spirituality - Revd Dr Michael O'Sullivan, Director of the Spirituality Institute for Research and Education; Programme Leader MA in Applied Spirituality; Research Fellow, University of the Free State, South Africa
- 1 February 2018 16:30: Integrating Spiritual and Scientific Perspectives to Psychological Wellbeing - Dr Fraser Watts, Visiting Professor of Psychology and Religion, University of Lincoln
- 18 January 2018 16:30: Healing and wholeness: practical theology in dialogue with evidence-based healthcare - Revd Prof. Mark Cobb, Clinical Director & Honorary Senior Chaplain, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- 9 November 2017 16:30: Sadness, Depression and the Dark Night of the Soul. The role of the clergy in the care of sadness and depression, and their collaboration with mental health professionals - Dr Gloria Dura-Vila, University College London
There are no other announcements currently available. Please check again later...