Café des Théologiennes Research Seminar
Café des Théologiennes works to develop a departmental community within which diversity may flourish. CdT was founded with a specific focus on supporting women in the Department of Theology and Religion, particularly in light of the history of women’s underrepresentation within disciplines related to this field. We meet several times a term in both an academic and social capacity.
CdT hosts the following:
- Postgraduate research seminars:
These are seminars where all postgraduates in the department are welcome to share their research and receive feedback. These seminars seek to foster a sense of collegiality amongst all postgraduates within the department;
- Discussion panels with faculty members:
Each year CdT organises a panel discussion centred around topics relating to gender and diversity. All postgraduates and faculty are welcome to attend;
- CdT social gatherings:
CdT organises a couple of social gatherings each term for women in the department.
Since its formation, the Café, as part of the Department of Theology and Religion, was cited as an example of good practice in the Society for Research into Higher Education's Induction Guide for Postgraduate Research Students (Loughlin, Martin, McComb and Taylor 2010). The Café has organised several popular Postgraduate Research Days in the Department of Theology and Religion, providing an opportunity for any of the department’s postgraduates to present their work.
Please join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cafedestheologiennes.
To view and download the latest Café des Théologiennes Research Seminar Programme, please click below:
- Café des Théologiennes Programme (Michaelmas 2018) (last modified: 24 October 2018)
There are no seminars in this series for the dates selected.
- 12 December 2018 13:00: Christmas Social for for all women in the department - both postgraduates and staff -
- 5 December 2018 15:30: Postgraduate Seminar * -
- 7 November 2018 15:30: Postgraduate Seminar * -
- 10 October 2018 13:00: Welcome Lunch for all women in the department - both postgraduates and staff -
- 15 March 2018 13:00: Social for Female Staff and PG Students -
- 24 January 2018 13:00: Social for Female Staff and PG Students -
- 13 December 2017 15:30: Christmas Social for all Women in the Department -
- 6 December 2017 15:30: PG Seminar - TBA
- 1 November 2017 15:30: PG Seminar - TBA
- 13 October 2017 13:00: Welcome Lunch for all Women in the Department -
- 21 June 2017 16:00: Social for Female Staff and PG Students -
- 24 May 2017 16:00: Time, Totality, and "Creative" Conscience in Amoris Laetitia - Nicolete Burbach, Durham University
- 24 May 2017 16:00: Consolation: Scouring and Succour - Samuel Tranter, Durham University
- 26 April 2017 13:30: Lunch Social for Female Staff and PG Students (BYO Lunch!) -
- 15 March 2017 16:00: Social for Female Staff & PG Students -
- 22 February 2017 16:00: PG Seminar -
- 1 February 2017 16:00: Panel Discussion with Female Staff about the Experience of Women in our Department - , Durham University
- 18 January 2017 16:00: Social for Female Staff & PG Students -
- 30 November 2016 16:00: How Do You Know It’s God? Using Intuition in Christian Discernment - Lynn McChlery, Durham University
- 30 November 2016 16:00: Tolkien and the Spiritual Senses - Adam B. Shaeffer, Durham University
- 2 November 2016 16:00: The Rise of Progressive Evangelicalism and the Conservative Response: How Social Media Is Used to Promote Gender Normativity - Alex D. J. Fry
- 2 November 2016 16:00: Women in Second-Century Christianity - Sarah Parkhouse, Durham University
- 9 March 2016 16:00: The Character of Hannah in Pseudo-Philo: Faith in the Non-Existent - Tavis A. Bohlinger, Durham University
- 9 March 2016 16:00: 'Women Always Figure Out the Truth': The 'Truth' of Ephesians 5.21–33 According to Ordinary Women Readers - Jo Logan
- 24 February 2016 16:00: Roundtable Discussion with Staff (for Female PGs) - , Durham University
- 3 February 2016 16:00: Social (for Female PGs) - , Durham University