The Michael Ramsey Centre for Anglican Studies promotes pioneering interdisciplinary research into the global Anglican tradition in all its depth and diversity. The Centre reflects the foundational and formative role of the Church of England in the history of Durham University, and the legacy of Durham’s scholar-bishops as embodied in the life and ministry of Michael Ramsey. The Centre is an inclusive community of distinguished researchers from a broad range of disciplines, and is committed to the highest standards of research and the deepest academic engagement with the theology, life, history and traditions of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
- Work from centre members leads to new volume on The Church of England and British Politics
- Prof Philip Williamson surveys history of national days of prayer for Church Times
- Forthcoming events in centre’s 2019/20 public programme POSTPONED
- Scott Holland Symposium POSTPONED
- Text and images from Vann Lecture and Dinner 2019 available for download
- Programme for 2019-20 seminars, lectures, and symposia announced