Current Postgraduate Students
Editing Your Profile (Postgraduate students)
Mr Andrew Brower Latz
(email at email@example.com)
I received my BA and MA from Manchester University through studying at Nazarene Theological College. My MA dissertation was on John Zizioulas' ecclesiology. I am part time at Durham. I am a sessional lecturer in ethics and introduction to philosophy at Nazarene Theological College.
I was one of the co-organisers of the conference in honour of Andrew Louth that took place place in Durham in July 2012. I am the organiser of the January 2015 day conference 'Gillian Rose: a twenty year retrospective.'
My work is funded by the AHRC.
I am married to Rev. Dr. Deirdre Brower Latz.
My thesis offers the most comprehensive and systematic reconstruction of Gillian Rose's social theory in relation to its major sources. It then uses this to intervene in the debate about the place of religion in her thought.
- Gillian Rose
- Political philosophy
- Critical theory
- German Idealism
- Political theology
- (Published). Interview with Vincent Lloyd, 29th July 2010,.
- Brower Latz, Andrew. & Ermakov, Arseny. (2013). Purity: essays in bible and theology. (Forthcoming). Manchester: Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock.
- (Published). ‘Review of Andrew Shanks, Hegel and Religious Faith’. Political Theology 14(2): 227-9.
- (2013). ‘Review of Kate Schick, Gillian Rose: A Good Enough Justice’. International Journal of Philosophical Studies 21(2): 307-11.
- Brower-Latz, Andrew (2011). Review of Paul Kahn, Political Theology. Theological Book Review October.
- Brower-Latz, Andrew (2011). Review of Vincent W. Lloyd, The Problem with Grace. Theological Book Review October.
Journal papers: academic
- Brower Latz, Andrew. (2012). Andrew Shanks' Civil Theology. Political Theology 13(1): 14-36.
- Brower Latz, Andrew. & Aldea, Serafim. (2012). The Desert Fathers and the male gaze. Studia Patristica
- Brower Latz, Andrew. (2011). Creation in the fiction of Marilynne Robinson. Journal of Literature and Theology 25(3).
- Brower Latz, Andrew. (2010). A short note towards a theology of abiding in John's Gospel. Journal of Theological Interpretation 4(2).
Journal papers: online
- (Published). ‘Andrew Shanks’ Hegelian Christology’. Didache 12(1).