Cookies

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Department of Theology and Religion

After Durham

Theology and Religion lie at the heart of culture, shaping history, informing politics, and raising fundamental questions about what it is be human. As a discipline it covers almost all aspects of the humanities. Our courses of study and system of academic advisors, alongside the system of colleges and college mentors are designed to equip graduates with key adaptable and marketable workplace skills including team-working, problem-solving, communication, negotiation and leadership. These are all qualities highly valued by regional, national and international employers. The opportunities we provide for students to become involved in committees, clubs and societies and to be active in voluntary or paid work experience will further help you develop an enviable set of professional techniques enabling you to be more successful in the graduate job market.

Durham is ranked a world top 25 university by leading recruiters for the quality of our graduates in the QS World University League Rankings 2013. Durham degrees open doors: 87% of our graduates secured employment or entered further study within six months of graduating and many of the remaining 13% took time out to travel.

Students of Theology and Religion find employment in areas as diverse as: Art Gallery Administrator, Barrister, Christian Lobby Group, College Chaplain, Diocesan Administrator for Education, Finance sector, Fundraiser, Government Think-tank, Graduate Pathway Marks & Spencer, Head of Department of RE, Headmaster, Journalism, Law conversion, Librarian, Museum Administrator, Musician, Parish Priest, Photography Website Business, Public Relations Firm, School Chaplain, Supermarket Management, University Administrator.