The Sutton Trust Summer School Programme provides a range of support for students both before and after the Summer School itself.
Year 12 Support
As soon as students are accepted onto the programme, we will be in touch to confirm arrangements. In addition, students in previous Summer School years have also received:
Before the residential
- Regular e-communications designed to prepare students for the Summer residential.
- A Durham Sutton Trust Summer School Handbook packed full of useful information about what to expect during the residential and year 13.
- Train tickets arranged and purchased for students by Durham University and these are sent to students before the Summer School.
- Pre arrival information sent to students before the Summer School and contact information given to students in case they need to contact the team during the journey to the Summer School.
During the Summer School
- All meals, accommodation, teaching and travel during the residential are provided by the Sutton Trust and Durham University.
- Students are allocated into a mentor group with approximately 7 other students. They stay in their group during the week, competing in team challenges and group activities. The mentor group is a great support network and each mentor group is led by a Durham Student Ambassador who will look out for students during the week.
Year 13 Support after the Summer School
The support we offer does not stop after the Summer School. Students on the programme benefit from:
- Communications designed to support students during the university application process and during key points in year 13.
- Access to support and guidance offered by the Sutton Trust team regarding UCAS applications, revision techniques and progression to university.
The Sutton Trust Team, Durham University
Access and Engagement
The Palatine Centre,
0191 334 9119