The safety of all young people is our main priority during all of the events that we offer. The university takes the responsibility of looking after your student very seriously. The following measures will be taken to ensure student safety during the Summer School:
All Sutton Trust staff and Durham Student Ambassadors employed by the Sutton Trust Summer School team will have to undergo rigorous police checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service. They will also receive full training on working with young people.
An appropriate number of university staff and Durham Student Ambassadors will be accompanying participants during all of the events to ensure all students are safe and supervised at all times. We strictly enforce staff to student ratios and have overnight security in college grounds as an added safety measure.
Participants will have access to trained first aiders at all times and medical details are kept securely on site should any incidents occur.
All activities will undergo a strict risk assessment prior to the event to ensure they are safe.
Code of Conduct
All participants and Durham Student Ambassadors involved in any of the events will be asked to sign a Code of Conduct before the start of The Sutton Trust Summer School, to ensure everyone respects the rules and regulations designed for everyone's safety and well-being. We reserve the right to ask individuals to leave the Summer School should the Code of Conduct be broken.
Should you wish to chat to a member of the team regarding student safety, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We can be contacted at:
Telephone: (0191) 334 9119
The Sutton Trust Team, Durham University
Access and Engagement
The Palatine Centre,
0191 334 9119
Durham University Student Recruitment & Admissions Office. Tweeting advice on admissions and event information.
- Remember the UCAS deadline is 15 January so there’s still time to apply to @durham_uni ! #DUmakeithappen #UCASDeadline
Tweeted on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:36:20 +0000
- We're excited for our #DUpostgraduate Open Day to start. We hope all those attending have a great time and find out… https://t.co/XqytrVmOBe
Tweeted on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:50:44 +0000
- We're looking forward to welcoming you to discover your future at the #DUpostgraduate Open Day, Amy! https://t.co/nguZCcCZM2
Tweeted on Tue, 31 Oct 2017 10:39:54 +0000
- RT @DUSofE: Explore all your teacher training routes into Teaching open day Friday 24th
Tweeted on Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:25:08 +0100
- RT @ucas_online: Wondering when you'll hear back from unis? If you applied by 15 Oct, they have until 3 May to make their decisions…
Tweeted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:14:52 +0100