Durham University Sutton Trust Summer Schools
Applications for the 2018 Durham University Sutton Trust Summer School have now closed.
Sutton Trust Summer School Programme 2018
Durham University's Sutton Trust Summer School, kindly supported by the Oak Foundation, Barclays and The Garfield Weston Foundation, is designed to give bright students from non-privileged homes the opportunity to experience what it is like to be a student at a leading university. The residential summer school is a fantastic opportunity to find out more about applying to university, to meet some of our current students and work with our academic departments. This programme is available for gifted and talented Year 12 students from UK state-maintained schools.
In addition to the opportunities and information above, those who successfully complete the programme and perform to the required standard in the assessed summer school project at the end of Year 12 will be recognised as having achieved a qualification equivalent to 16-32 UCAS tariff points. This will contribute towards meeting the entry requirements for a programme of study within the academic department with which they completed their assessment at Durham University. Students will then receive a guaranteed, conditional offer for that particular course should they apply to Durham University during Year 13.
Sutton Trust Summer Schools are free of charge! Not only is you place free, but we will also pay for your transport, accommodation, food and all activities and resources. There really is no cost to attend!
Explore these pages to find out more about our exciting programme we held in Summer 2017. If you have any questions about any aspect of the programme or the application process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the details on our "Contact Us" page. We'd love to hear from you!
The Sutton Trust Team, Durham University
Access and Engagement
The Palatine Centre,
0191 334 9119
Durham University Student Recruitment & Admissions Office. Tweeting advice on admissions and event information.
- Remember the UCAS deadline is 15 January so there’s still time to apply to @durham_uni ! #DUmakeithappen #UCASDeadline
Tweeted on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:36:20 +0000
- We're excited for our #DUpostgraduate Open Day to start. We hope all those attending have a great time and find out… https://t.co/XqytrVmOBe
Tweeted on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:50:44 +0000
- We're looking forward to welcoming you to discover your future at the #DUpostgraduate Open Day, Amy! https://t.co/nguZCcCZM2
Tweeted on Tue, 31 Oct 2017 10:39:54 +0000
- RT @DUSofE: Explore all your teacher training routes into Teaching open day Friday 24th
Tweeted on Fri, 27 Oct 2017 10:25:08 +0100
- RT @ucas_online: Wondering when you'll hear back from unis? If you applied by 15 Oct, they have until 3 May to make their decisions…
Tweeted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:14:52 +0100