We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Supported Progression

Supported Progression - FAQs

We are growing the list of questions and answers we have here. Please get in touch with us if:

  • you can't find the answer you're looking for below or elsewhere on the website; OR
  • you have a suggestion for a new question - we're happy to add new ones if you think it would be useful for others.

List of FAQ categories

Applying to Durham

+Can I change which College I have applied to?

This depends on your circumstances - you should get in touch with the University ASAP if this applies to you. You can write to us with your question and any relevant information via the 'Ask Us' form online here

+If I have a guaranteed offer through SP, do I still have to write a personal statement?

Yes. While for that particular course your offer is guaranteed you still need to complete a satisfactory UCAS application, which includes submitting a statement. 

+Where can I submit my substitute personal statement?

To find out more information about the substitute personal statement, and to submit yours, click here.

+When will I receive my offer from Durham on UCAS?

It can take several weeks for your UCAS form to be processed. It has to go to UCAS, then be sent to Durham. Most students won’t hear until about 3 months after submitting their forms, Supported Progression students may be quicker as you might already have a guaranteed offer, but it can still take some time. Remember the admissions team deal with about 30,000 forms altogether! 

Contact Us

Access & Engagement
Palatine Centre
Durham University
Stockton Road, Durham
DH1 3LE.

T: +44 (0)191 334 9126


I: @durhamuni_sp