Discover Durham Tours
We are so excited that our on-campus tours are being held until the 10th June (Monday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm BST, excluding Bank Holiday) These are open to both offer holders and prospective students - please use the links below to book your spot!
Please note, guests will unfortunately not be able to accompany you on your tour as we have had to restrict numbers due to COVID guidelines. If those accompanying you to Durham would also like to explore the city and university, they can use our app to go on a self-guided tour.
Sadly we are not able to allow visitors inside university buildings so all tours will be external areas only.
This is an amazing opportunity to explore the university sights as you stroll around our beautiful, historic city. The tours will last between 1-1.5 hours and are led by our amazing Durham Student Ambassadors who will be able to tell you all about Durham from a student's perspective. The group size will be up to 15 (plus your guide) and we ask that you please wear a mask unless medically exempt. Please ensure you follow all governement guidelines for travel.
We can't wait to welcome you to Durham!
Discover Durham Live
Booking for our Offer-holder Discover Durham Live sessions is now open!
We’re running a series of Offer-holder Discover Durham Live sessions throughout April, May and June which will allow you to chat with current Durham students about everything Durham.
The sessions will cover a wide range of topics, including everything from 'Packing for Uni', to 'Life in College'.
Each session will be hosted by a panel of students who will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. So, if you hold an offer to study at Durham, and you're keen to find out more, then join us for these exciting and illuminating sessions!
Please see a full listing of events below:
Wednesday 7th April, 6pm- The Academic Transition to Higher Education (for Parents and Carers)
- Thursday 8th April, 6pm- What’s next? Current students shed light on the next steps after receiving your offer
- Friday 9th April, 6pm- My experience of moving to Durham from a big city
- Tuesday 13th April, 6pm- Parents and Carers Q&A with Current Students
- Wednesday 14th April, 6pm- Offer-Holder Q&A with Current Students
- Thursday 15th April, 6pm- Being a Local Student at Durham
- Monday 19th April, 6pm- Current Student's (Virtual) Tour through Durham
- Tuesday 20th April, 6pm- For Parents and Carers: Support and Wellbeing at Durham
- Wednesday 21st April, 6pm- A Day in the Life of a Durham Student
- Thursday 22nd April, 6pm- Not getting my top preference college
- Tuesday 27th April, 6pm- Life in the Hill Colleges (including College of St Hild and St Bede)
- Wednesday 28th April, 6pm- Life in the Bailey Colleges
- Thursday 29th April, 6pm- What’s next? Current students shed light on the next steps after receiving your offer
- Tuesday 4th May, 6pm- Not getting my top preference college
- Wednesday 5th May, 6pm- Creating a new social network at Durham
- Thursday 6th May, 6pm- Parents and Carers Q&A with Current Students
- Saturday 8th May, 11am- Offer-Holder Q&A with Current Students
- Monday 10th May, 6pm- Preparing for Uni (Study Tips)
- Tuesday 11th May, 6pm- My Experience as a Person of Colour at Durham
- Wednesday 12th May, 6pm- Being an International Student at Durham
- Thursday 13th May, 6pm- Whats next? Current students shed light on the next steps after receiving your offer
- Monday 17th May, 6pm- Getting ready for uni: planning, preparing and packing
- Wednesday 19th May, 6pm- A Day in the Life of a Durham Student
- Thursday 20th May, 6pm- Coming to Durham from a state school
- Saturday 22nd May, 10am- Current Student's (Virtual) Tour through Durham
- Tuesday 25th May, 6pm- Getting ready for uni: planning, preparing and packing
- Wednesday 26th May, 6pm- Coming to Durham from a low-income background
- Thursday 27th May, 6pm- Offer-Holder Q&A with Current Students
- Tuesday 1st June, 6pm- Playing a Team Durham Sport
- Wednesday 2nd June, 6pm- Life in the Hill Colleges (including College of St Hild and St Bede)
- Thursday 3rd June, 6pm- Life in the Bailey Colleges
- Friday 4th June, 6pm- The Academic Transition to Higher Education (for Offer-Holders)