SLC Masters loans
UK and EU Students starting a postgraduate Master’s course in 2018/19 may be able to apply for a Postgraduate Loan (PGL) through Student Finance England. The loan will be:
- Up to £10,609 per student;
- A contribution towards the cost of study, i.e. it will be at the student’s discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs;
- Non-means tested;
- Paid directly to the student.
If you are studying your course part-time, the loan will be divided equally across each year of your course.
For additional information and see if you qualify, please visit Student Finance England website.
- You must be A UK or EU national ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the academic year of your course start date, and have been ordinarily resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for the three year period before the first day of your course; if you are an EU national but have not been resident in the UK then you may still be eligible if you have been resident in the European Economic Area or Switzerland for the three year period before the first day of your course.
- You must be aged 59 years or under on the first day of the academic year of your course;
- You must not already hold a Master's or equivalent qualification;
- You must not be receiving a NHS bursary or a Social Work Bursary. If you are eligible for NHS bursary, you do not qualify for the loan.
The course you’re studying must lead to a Master’s qualification. You can choose to study your course at the university in person or by distance learning. You can take up to two years for the equivalent of a one year full-time course, up to four years for the equivalent of a two year full-time course, or you can study a three year part-time course with no equivalent full-time course. You can visit the Student Room website for additional information about full-time study and part-time study eligibility.
Please note that these part-time courses at Durham University are eligible if studied over 2 years only:
- (V60707) Digital Theology (MA)
- (X9K907) Education (MA)
- (X9K009) Educational Assessment (MSc)
- (X3K807) Intercultural Communication and Education (MA)
- (V6K707) Spirituality, Theology and Health (MA)
- (V6K709) Spirituality, Theology and Health (MSc)
- (V60507) Theology and Ministry (MA)
- (X3K309) Technology Enhanced Learning (MSc)
The earliest you start repaying is when your annual income is over £21,000 and it's either the:
first April after you leave your course
April 4 years after the course started
Application process for the 2018/19 academic year is now open and the quickest way to apply is online at https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/apply
Funding for postgraduate loans is different if you normally live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
This website will be updated regularly as we get updates from Student Finance England so please keep on checking it for further information. You can also send any queries to email@example.com