We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Student Registry

Personal Details Changes

Personal Details Changes

To view your details, log in to Banner Self Service to update your address information .

To make other changes, for example to your name or nationality, please complete the Change of Personal Details Form. You will be asked to upload a scan/photo of the documents detailed below when completing the form:

Nationality: Passport, making sure that the nationality detail is visible.

Name incorrect

If your name has not changed but is incorrect, for example due to a misspelling, the record showing an abbreviated rather than full name, or part of the name (eg middle name) is missing, then you will need to upload a scan or photo of the following:

  • Name/photo page of your passport
  • UK driving licence
  • Original full birth certificate (UK students only)
  • Biometric residence permit

Change of name

If you wish to change your name you will need to provide one of the following

  • Marriage certificate
  • Change of name Deed Poll
  • Statutory Declaration

An automatic alert will be sent to the IT service desk to request campus card and email address updates, the service desk will contact you to make arrangements as appropriate.

Guidance for transitioning students

If you are a transsexual/transgender student and want to change your name details on your student record, you need to complete the ‘Change of personal details form’ on the Student Registry website - You will be asked to provide details of your new name, prefix and gender where applicable.

If you wish to update your legal name, which is the name that appears on your parchment and transcript when you successfully complete your programme of study, you will need to upload a copy of either:

  • change of name deed poll document
  • Statutory Declaration

You will need to contact the IT service desk if you wish to have a new email address and your campus card reissued. -

You may also wish to contact your college and department to make them aware of your new details.