There are three stages to the registration process. These include:
- Module Registration
- Verification of Identity (new students only)
Enrolment is where you check, confirm and update your personal information held by the University. You will also need to accept the University's regulations. Both new and continuing students are required to complete enrolment each year.
Module Registration is where you check, confirm and sign up for the modules and programme you are studying. The two main registration periods are in June, at the end of the Easter Term, for continuing students and in October for new students.
Verification of Identity allows new students to provide us with evidence of their identity. Information can be found at: Verification of Identity
Once these stages have been completed, you will be a fully registered student at Durham University although International students may need to have their visa and passports checked by the University Immigration Office.
We need to have accurate information about current students and their programmes of study for a number of reasons:
- Only students who have registered, and whose details are complete and accurate on the Student Records System, will be able to have computer accounts with the IT Service and Library access;
- Having correct details about your programme and the modules you are taking enables us to construct an accurate examinations timetable. Incorrect module data can lead to timetable clashes;
- So that, in the case of any emergency, we have the most up-to-date information regarding your addresses (both term-time and permanent/home) and your emergency contact details;
- In order to receive funding the University must complete statistical returns to Government Agencies, giving accurate details about our student body.
Please be aware that if the registration process is not completed, this may have an impact on the following:
- Access to your university email, exam information and results
- Getting a campus card
- Use the online document shop
- Be granted your student loans
- Be eligible for council tax exemption
- Be able to produce letters through Self-Service
The deadline for continuing students to complete module registration is 28 June 2019