|PDRA in the Department of Anthropology|
Chima Michael Anyadike-Danes is an anthropologist with an interest in the social aspects of energy transitions and decarbonisation. He joined Durham University in 2020 to work on the INCLUDE project exploring local government efforts to plan for inclusive post-carbon futures and concurrently worked on a CESI funded project on the role of energy modelling in local government.Currently, as part of the GEMS project, he researches Durham’s post-coalonial communities.
Chima obtained his PhD in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California, Irvine (2017). Prior to coming to Durham he was a researcher at the Warwick Business School (2018) and the Sheffield University Management School (2018-2020).
- Anthropology of Britain
- Anthropology of Migration
- Urban Anthropology
- Anthropology of Energy
- Automation and Logistics
- Anthropology of Technology
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2020). Review: Geocultural Power: China's Quest to Revive the Silk Roads for the Twenty-First Century. Timothy Winter, Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 288 pp. Inner Asia 22(2).
- Anyadike‐Danes, Chima Michael (2019). Undocumented Latino Youth: Navigating Their Worlds. City & Society 31(3).
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima (2009). Review: Caribbean Migration to Western Europe and the United States. Runnymede Quarterly Bulletin (360): 18.
Chapter in book
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2022). Whose witnesses: An examination of the potential pitfalls of producing EV futures through experimentation. In Experimentation for sustainable transport? Risks, strengths, and governance implications. Isaksson, Karolina, Oldbury, Kelsey & Marsden, Greg Boxholm, Sweden: Linnefors förlag. 117-132.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2021). Rethinking Post-Socialism: Making Post-Socialist Mongolia’s Futures in Los Angeles. In Horizons of Futures in Post-Utopian Mongolia. Stople, Ines & Nordby, Judith EB-Verlag. 19: 123-143.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2021). Is a Foundation Year Programme to an A-Level as a 7-UP is to a Sprite: Exploring an Attempt to Diversify an English University. Teaching Anthropology 10(1): 85-94.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2021). Trucking with Time: The Emergence of New Mongolian Mobilities in America. BOAS insights 1(1): 1-27.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2019). You've got to be there to know it: Experiencing LA's Koreatown. Lo Squaderno (53): 7-10.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael, Briante, Michael, Brooks, Emily, Cox, Benjamin, Govindan, Padma, Harmon, Ellie, King, Melissa, Newon, Lisa, Perez, Justin Dieter Andres, Popperl, Simone, Steinberg, R. Lila, Thorne, Lisa & Zani, Leah (2012). Reflections on American Anthropology: A Conference at UC Irvine. American Anthropologist 114(4): 584-592.
- Anyadike-Danes, Chima Michael (2022). The Anthropology of Post-Coalonialism. The Network for Contemporary Anthropological Theory