The purpose of the Postgraduate Committee is to assist and support the Postgraduate and Mature Students Rep, to organise and put on events of both an academic and social nature that are of benefit to the entire postgraduate community at Cuth's, and to represent the views and concerns of the postgraduates within the JCR as a whole.
The committee consists of:
- 2 x PG Social Representatives
- Responsible for organising and running social events for the postgraduate community. These have included meals, Chinese New Year party, BBQs, formals and other nights out.
- PG Academic Representative
- Responsible for working with the college to organise academic events through the year, in particular the Research Fora and the Reading Group. Also serves as liaison between the postgraduate community and Cuth's Library.
- PG Durham Students Union Representative
- Works with the JCR Union Rep to make sure that the concerns of Cuth's postgraduates are taken into account at Assembly, the highest democratic body in the Students' Union, which decides policy for the Union.
- PG International Representative
- Responsible for ensuring that all international postgraduate students are represented fairly within the JCR. Works with the JCR International Rep to organise social events across the Cuth's community as a whole.
- 2 x PG General Representatives
- Help and assist the postgraduate committee with general tasks for specific events.
- Mature Students Representative
- A Cuth's student picked by DUMSA (Durham University Mature Students Association) to act as a liaison point between Cuth's mature students and the Association. Not elected by the JCR and sits on the postgraduate committee.