Bursaries & Scholarships
St. Cuthbert's Society Annual Awards and Prizes.
- Principal's Prize of £100 is awarded to a student for sustained and exceptional contribution to the life of the college.
- Deputy Principal's Prize of £100 is awarded to a student who has made an exceptional contribution to arts and culture within the college.
- Postgraduate Prize of £100 is awarded to one postgraduate for outstanding academic achievement.
- Senior Common Room prize of £100 is awarded to a student who has made the most contribution to the voluntary and chairity sector.
- The Norton Prizes of £50 is awarded to 9 first year students, 3 from each Faculty, for outstanding academic performance.
- The Charles Holmes Prize of £250 is awarded to a final year student for the best academic performance.
- The Ranald Michie Prize of £150 is awarded to a first year student for outstanding contribution to student activities.
Student Development Awards (Henry Tudor Fund).
The college has 2 types of awards for current students:
- Group Award - £500
- Individual Award - £250
The Awards are used to support and reward current students who are involved in community work, voluntary and other charitable activities. Deadline for applications is Monday 10th March 2017.
Student Research Grants.
St Cuthbert’s Society recognises that postgraduate students increasingly need financial support for conferences, research trips and field work and a fund has been established to encourage and support such activities. We hope over time to increase the value of the fund with help from alumni. We invite applications for grants of up to £250. The Grant is designed to offer post graduate students financial support to facilitate their research through fieldwork, research trips or conference attendance. The activities to be supported should not be a compulsory part of the course and should not be fully funded from other sources.
College Choral Scholarships.
The college provides financial to support our arts and culture. We will be offering the following scholarships to current students:
- Director of Musical (£250 pa)
- Assistant Director of Music (£200 pa)
- Soprano Scholar (£100 pa)
- Alto Scholar (£100 pa)
- Tenor Scholar (£100 pa)
- Bass Scholar (£100 pa)
Further details are available from the college office and auditions are held during the second week of the Michaelmas Term.
In 1946, St Cuthbert’s Society was re-founded by a group of young men who had played a vital role in the World War II. To honour the memory of this group in October 2010, the college introduce two military scholarships. The scholarship provided a small bursary to help towards living costs. In 2011, the college received a generous donation from its alumni body which allowed us to provide financial support towards tuition fees. In 2015, it became a university-wide Scholarship which provides £5000 towards tuition fees. See University Military Scholarships for more details.