The Senior Common Room is made up of academic and academic related-staff of the University, Fellows, College Mentors, members of the local community and alumni.
Welcome to the web pages of the Senior Common Room at St Cuthbert's Society.
Please explore these pages to find out about the range of activities organised by the SCR, which include talks, formal and informal dinners, and group excursions. Many of our activities are also open to undergraduate and graduate students, since one of the SCR's aims is to promote interactions between all members of the Society.Mark Miller, SCR President
The Senior Common Room, like the Junior Common Room, supports the work of the Senior Management Team (Principal, Deputy Principal, Bursar and Assistant Principal) in order to maintain the college community. The programme of SCR events is organised by the SCR Committee, which also maintains the facilities in the common room itself.
Members of the SCR have access to the common room, dining facilities, bar and gardens at the Society's premises on South Bailey. Membership is free for the first year, and a modest subscription fee is charged annually thereafter. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the SCR President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCR constitution (November 2015) (last modified: 16 January 2016)
St Cuth's SCR
The Senior Common Room of a modest but exciting institution in the University of Durham.
- RT @durham_uni: Tune to at 9:30pm to hear @GilesGasper from @durham_history discuss the 12th Century Renaissance on @BBCRadio4 https://t.co…
Tweeted on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:52:45 +0100
- RT @Cuths1888: Look out for the College Bulletin in your inbox today.....now out on Thursdays.....full of news and events....@CuthsJCR @Cut…
Tweeted on Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:39:32 +0100
- RT @IMEMSDurham: #imemssrg Small Research Grants scheme open to @durham_uni @IMEMSDurham members. Closing date 4 November https://t.co/9rxx…
Tweeted on Sun, 09 Oct 2016 11:18:20 +0100
- RT @PalaceGreenLib: All set up for @durhambookfest Such an amazing programme - can't wait! #dbf16 https://t.co/bWVQVL13Cx
Tweeted on Sun, 09 Oct 2016 11:17:34 +0100
- RT @DiveIntoDurham: We may as well give up searching for early post-medieval hat pins as they won't get much better than this fabulous…
Tweeted on Sat, 08 Oct 2016 18:52:21 +0100
- RT @CDDFRS: Crews from Durham Fire Station are demonstrating the fire risks involving chip pans to @durhamscouts attending…
Tweeted on Sat, 08 Oct 2016 18:52:06 +0100
- RT @DurUniArchSoc: @DiveIntoDurham A nice overview of #DRWA on our @ArcDurham website: https://t.co/U5J40Z4UVo plus some interesting artefa…
Tweeted on Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:42:56 +0100
- RT @ArcDurham: Archaeology Fresher's welcome talk! Let's do this! #DUmakeithappen https://t.co/8buKMsAW7f
Tweeted on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:43:05 +0100
- RT @CuthsJCR: Lovely to have @durhamSU down at Parson's Field for move-in day @DurhamSUComm https://t.co/H6CuUpECuV
Tweeted on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 08:24:57 +0100
- RT @GaryBankhead: #Durham so much more than a medieval town in Northern England! We're open all year so when are you coming to visit? https…
Tweeted on Sun, 02 Oct 2016 19:21:58 +0100