The Senior Common Room is made up of academic and academic related staff of the University, Fellows, College Mentors, members of the local community and alumni.
Welcome to the Senior Common Room of St Cuthbert's Society!
We organise a range of events for members such as dinners, talks and walks. These events are all detailed in the calendar on this website. Bookings for our events can be made via the college reception - firstname.lastname@example.org or the SCR President, email@example.com
We currently have a membership of over two hundred, taken not only from all areas of the University but also from the local community. Our membership includes some honorary members and past members of the university.
All members are welcome to use the college facilities which comprise of a comfortable Common Room, elegant Dining Room and access to newspapers.Tea and coffee-making facilities are available on request.Ian Harrison, SCR President
The Senior Common Room exists for the purpose of:
- Promoting social and intellectual activities for its members and encouraging new membership from the University and the wider community;
- Maintaining and improving the amenities of the Senior Common Room;
- Extending hospitality to non-members in accordance with the traditions of St Cuthbert's Society;
- Supporting and maintaining good relationships with the Junior Common Room;
- Providing support to St Cuthbert's Society.
The Senior Common Room, like the Junior Common Room, support the work of the Senior Management Team (Principal, Vice Principal/Senior Tutor and Bursar) in order to maintain a college community.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Senior Common Room, membership for the first year is free of charge. For more details, please contact the SCR President, Ian Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCR Constitution (last modified: 14 January 2009)