The Senior Common Room is made up of academic and academic related-staff of the University, Fellows, College Mentors, members of the local community and alumni.
Welcome to the web pages of the Senior Common Room at St Cuthbert's Society.
Please explore these pages to find out about the range of activities organised by the SCR, which include talks, formal and informal dinners, and group excursions. Many of our activities are also open to undergraduate and graduate students, since one of the SCR's aims is to promote interactions between all members of the Society.Mark Miller, SCR President
The Senior Common Room, like the Junior Common Room, supports the work of the Senior Management Team (Principal, Deputy Principal, Bursar and Assistant Principal) in order to maintain the college community. The programme of SCR events is organised by the SCR Committee, which also maintains the facilities in the common room itself.
Members of the SCR have access to the common room, dining facilities, bar and gardens at the Society's premises on South Bailey. Membership is free for the first year, and a modest subscription fee is charged annually thereafter. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the SCR President at email@example.com.
- SCR constitution (November 2015) (last modified: 16 January 2016)
St Cuth's SCR
The Senior Common Room of a modest but exciting institution in the University of Durham.
- RT @GaryBankhead: If you haven't already done so, you really should be making plans to visit our stunning #medieval city #Durham https://t.…
Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @cuths: Cuths alumna Li Sou (2011-14) bossing the undergraduate awards. https://t.co/rfYBuUpRJZ
Tweeted on Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:07:55 +0000
- RT @CuthsAlumni: Cuth's Research forum this Thursday at 7.30, focused on visual arts & culture. All welcome!
Tweeted on Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:07:40 +0000
- RT @durham_uni: More good news for Durham – we’ve climbed 13 places to 70 in the global #THEunirankings published by @timeshighered http://…
Tweeted on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 03:11:03 +0100
- RT @ArchandArch: Saturday lecture: 'Shining Light on Medieval Manuscripts' Prof Andrew Beeby @DurhamChemistry http://t.co/wTXKz5iqlr http:/…
Tweeted on Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:43:27 +0100
- RT @ArchandArch: Lecture: Caroline Hardie - “Breathing New Life Into Old Buildings: Sustainable
Solutions for Significant Places” - http:/…
Tweeted on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:08:38 +0100
- RT @CuthsAlumni: Share your memories of Cuth's and update your contact details at the same time! https://t.co/H3o52ySyI3
Tweeted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:13:07 +0100
- RT @CuthsAlumni: Pure wool Cuth's scarves handmade in the UK? Don't mind if I do...
Tweeted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:12:59 +0100
- @GaryBankhead @DurhamWHS @durhamcathedral Nice to see @Cuths1888 taking a front row seat there :D
Tweeted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:10:33 +0100
- RT @PoliceDurham: Congrats to everyone who has a place at Durham, follow us for Durham info..@Cuths1888 @CuthsJCR @CuthsSCR @hatfieldjcr @c…
Tweeted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:09:10 +0100