The 2017 NEURACLIN Annual Meeting was generously supported by a conference grant from Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The 2017 NEURACLIN Annual Meeting was held in the David Kenward Lecture Theatre at the South Tees Institute of Learning, Research and Innovation at The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough on the 20th September 2017.
The Speaker list was as below. See links on the left side of this page for further details, including photos of the speakers, and the full programme including abstracts; or click the following links to view downloadable versions of the full programme and conference speakers
- Prof Nigel Hooper (University of Manchester): Challenges and opportunities for Alzheimer’s research.
- Prof Jan Oyebode (University of Bradford): Cognitive rehabilitation for people with early dementia.
- Dr Alan Bowman (NHS and Teeside University): Applying signal detection theory to the study of visual hallucinations in Lewy body disorders.
- Dr Paul Donaghy (Newcastle University): Amyloid PET and FP-CIT SPECT in Lewy Body Disease.
- Dr Stephen Hall (University of York): Modelling spike and wave absence epilepsies; Thalamus or Cortex?
- Dr Eleanor King (Newcastle University): Peripheral inflammation in prodromal but not established Lewy body and Alzheimer’s dementias.
- Dr Claire Garwood (University of Sheffield): Consequences of impaired insulin/IGF1 signalling in astrocytes: A role in Alzheimer’s disease
- Lyn Rogers (Alzheimer's Society Research Network): Information about the Alzheimer's Society Research Network.
- Dr James Dachtler, Dr Colin Lever, Dr Stephen Evans: Introduction to Durham Against Dementia.