SLC Masters Loans
Students starting a postgraduate Master’s course in 2017/18 may be able to apply for a Postgraduate Loan (PGL) through Student Finance England. The loan will be:
- Up to £10,280 per student;
- A contribution towards the cost of study, i.e. it will be at the student’s discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs;
- Non-means tested;
- Paid directly to the student.
For additional information and see if you qualify, please visit The Student Room.
The course you’re studying must lead to a Master’s qualification. You can choose to study your course at the university in person or by distance learning. You can take up to two years for the equivalent of a one year full-time course, up to four years for the equivalent of a two year full-time course, or you can study a three year part-time course with no equivalent full-time course. You can visit the Student Room website for additional information about full-time study and part-time study eligibility.
Please note that these part-time courses at Durham University are eligible if studied over 2 years only:
- (V60707) Digital Theology (MA)
- (X9K907) Education (MA)
- (X9K009) Educational Assessment (MSc)
- (X3K807) Intercultural Communication and Education (MA)
- (V6K707) Spirituality, Theology and Health (MA)
- (V6K709) Spirituality, Theology and Health (MSc)
- (V60507) Theology and Ministry (MA)
- (X3K309) Technology Enhanced Learning (MSc)
You can apply for a Postgraduate Loan now and the quickest way to apply is online at www.gov.uk/postgraduateloan
This website will be updated regularly as we get updates from Student Finance England so please keep on checking it for further information. You can also send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org