Publication details for Dr Stuart BrandRoper, D. T., Beggs, D. M., Kaliteevski, M. A., Brand, S. & Abram, R. A. (2006). Properties of two-dimensional photonic crystals with octagonal quasicrystalline unit cells. Journal of Modern Optics 53(3): 407-416.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0950-0340, 1362-3044
- DOI: 10.1080/09500340500415076
- Keywords: BAND-GAP; LIGHT; TRANSMISSION; EXISTENCE
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The bandstructures of two-dimensional photonic crystals with octagonal quasicrystalline unit cells have been calculated. The existence of photonic band-gaps in such structures is demonstrated, and results showing the variation of the spectral position and width of the photonic band-gaps with the size of the unit cell and filling fraction within the unit cell are presented.