Publication details for Prof Richard AbramKaliteevski, M.A., Beggs,D.M., Brand,S., Abram, R.A., Fletcher,J.R., Swift, G.P. & Chamberlain,J.M. (2006). Propagation of electromagnetic waves through a system of randomly placed cylinders: the partial scattering wave resonance. Journal of Modern Optics 53(14): 2089-2097.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0950-0340, 1362-3044
- DOI: 10.1080/09500340600799015
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Propagation of electromagnetic waves through a system of randomly placed cylinders has been modelled. It was found that there is a dip in the ballistic transmission spectra for both the E and H polarizations, which is associated with scattering of the partial wave with angular momentum equal to zero by a single cylinder.