Visiting Natural Sciences
Please note that Natural Sciences is not a Department, it is a degree run by the Deputy Head of Faculty Science (Natural Sciences) and all of the facilities that you might want to visit in the Faculty of Science and beyond are sited in the Departments.
Post-offer: All applicants that receive an offer are invited to attend a Post-Offer Visit Day to visit their College and Department(s). The Post-Offer Open Days for those candidates who have applied through UCAS in the 2014-2015 cycle, will be held on 17th and 18th March 2015. These are University Wide events and details are sent with the offer letter from the College. There will also be briefings for parents and guardians providing information on the student experience, our college system and student finance with opportunities to ask questions on a one-to-one basis. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries that need resolving.
Pre-application: For those who wish to visit before deciding whether to apply, that is for the 2015-16 cycle, there are University wide pre-application open days held on Monday 22nd June 2015, Saturday 27th June 2015 and Saturday 26th September 2015 (please do not contact Natural Sciences about making bookings as the only advice we have is to follow the link above and students are stongly encouraged to attend these so that they can see all of the facilities offered by Departments and Colleges.
We strongly encourage potential applicant to come to either a pre- or post-offer event. However, if you are keen to view the University prior to these dates (or are unable to attend on these dates) and arrange your own visit, then you may find it useful to know that:
- There is Map of Durham including the Science site
- The University has a self-guided campus tour.
- There are guided campus tours that you can book on the web site.
- Some Departments/Colleges offer visiting opportunities to see facilities but you will need to contact the Departments/Colleges separately to see if it is possible.
- As highlighted at the top of this page, the Director of Natural Sciences cannot undertake tours, but is happy talk to applicants where this has been pre-arranged. To find the Directors office (CG309) play this video!
For more information about the Natural Sciences degree programme, please contact:
Dr. James Blowey
Deputy Head of Faculty
Faculty of Science Office
Level 3 Chemistry Building
Tel: 0191 334 1014
Fax: 0191 334 1018
The Natural Sciences web pages are maintained by James Blowey