How do I transfer out of Natural Sciences
We think studying more that one subject to a great depth is incredibly valuable however we also understand that some students will be 100% certain that they want to leave Natural Sciences at the end of Year 1 and transfer to an alternative single honours programme. In which case they should:
- Look at www.dur.ac.uk/natural.sciences/freshers/transfers/ to ensure that you have taken the right modules.
- Check the Q&A's posting in DUO for any Departmental required criteria.
- Talk to the Departmental Administrator/Director of Education in the Department/School to check that:
- the student meet their entry criteria;
- the Department are happy to receive you and has space;
- if the Department needs to raise a programme concession where the student has not done the correct modules in Year 1.
- Assuming that all of the above criteria are met, then the student should contact the Director with
- The e-mail correspondence with the Department;
- The name of the programme that the student wishes to transfer to, see https://www.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook/programme_search/?faculty=Science;
- The students id number (9 digits starting 000 on your campus card);
- Plug the 120 credits that you wish to study that meets the criteria of the new programme into DUO > Banner Self-Service > Registration;
- It is not possible to leave Natural Sciences at the end of Year 2.
- Once your transfer is complete and you are switched onto your new course in Banner (the database the university uses) the University automatically tells Student Finance England through a shared system.