The Natural Sciences Programme
Welcome to the Natural Sciences website
The BSc and MSci Natural Sciences degree programmes allows you to combine subjects to design your own broad based (two or more) degree programme or follow one of a large number of Joint Honours degrees. Put simply, if you are a scientist and want to combine more than one subject at Durham University then you need to apply for Natural Sciences.
About Natural Sciences: BSc and MSci Degree Programme Structure; examples of pathways; Subjects and modules;
Visiting Durham: Natural Sciences; A map of Durham or Science Laboratories;
Pre-Application: Prospectus; How to apply; Entry Requirements; Deferred Entry;
Pre-Application Open Day: Technical Handbook; Slides;
Post-Offer Visit Day: Making a booking; Technical Handbook; Slides;
General Information: Frequently asked questions; Studying at the University; Faculty of Science Annual Report 2016; The Durham Colleges; Career Prospects;
Latest Rankings News
- QS World University Rankings;
- The Complete University Guide has ranked Durham (currently 6th) in the top ten for a decade.
- Durham is the Times and Sunday Times Sports University of the Year 2015;
- Among larger providers, in 2016 Durham had the second lowest dropout rate.
Information for October 2019 entry and beyond
- We have created list of nearly 25 exemplars that demonstrate the choice, flexibility and depth.
- The New York Times highlights the breadth offered by Durham Natural Sciences and in fact it is broader and not as narrow as they discuss.
- For 2019 entry we expect to take 205 Home and EU entrants into Natural Sciences and there will be a restriction on the number of offers made to those wanting to study Chemistry, see FAQ.
Do you have a question about Natural Sciences? Try our frequently asked questions (FAQs) section