In Autumn 2018 the Centre for Medical Humanities becomes the Institute for Medical Humanities - a UK first! With support from the Wellcome Trust we are relaunching with an explicit focus on what we do best - improving health by understanding the depth and breadth of human experience.
Things to look forward in 2018/19 include
- Our official launch on 2 October 2018
- Three new early career researcher opportunities - a 3-year assistant professorship (in partnership with Hearing the Voice) and two 18-month post-doctoral research fellows
- A series of workshops exploring cross-cutting themes and methodologies for understanding human experience
- A new look for our website and other communications
- Redevelopment of our blog to make it an international hub for critical medical humanities research
- Expansion of our home in the Caedmon Building with refurbished spaces for hosting events and meetings and facilitating interdisciplinary research
Looking further ahead we are exploring new research projects, collaborations and capacity building which will advance the field of medical humanities and promote excellence in interdisciplinary research.
This is an exciting time for Medical Humanities in Durham. If you'd like to be part of it please ask to join our mailing list or follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and opportunities