The list below shows Durham University research staff who are members of IMEMS. Click the member's name to see a more detailed biography and department.
We also welcome anyone from outside the University with an interest in our work to join. Membership is free of charge. You will receive invitations to our programme of events, with a weekly emails digest about what is happening in the Insitute and further afield. To join IMEMS contact: email@example.com
Dr Ita Mac Carthy - all publications
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2019). The Grace of the Italian Renaissance. New Jersey: Princeton University Press.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2007). Women and the Making of Poetry in Ariosto's Orlando furioso. Leicester: Troubador Press.
Chapter in book
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2019). Fiordispina's English Afterlives: from Harington to Ali Smith. In Ariosto, the 'Orlando furioso' and English Culture. Everson, Jane, Hiscock, Andrew & Jossa, Stefano London: British Academy.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2017). Reverse Othello Syndrome by Another Name: Ariosto’s Deluded Hero. In Cognitive Confusions: Dreams, Delusions and Illusions in Early Modern Culture. Mac Carthy, Ita, Sellevold, Kirsti & Smith, Olivia Oxford: Legenda.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2013). Grace. In Renaissance Keywords. Mac Carthy, Ita Legenda. 63-78.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2003). Identity and Subjectivity in Maria Rosa Cutrufelli's 'Il paese dei figli perduti'. In Cross-Cultural Travel. Conroy, Jane New York: Peter Lang. 495-507.
- Mac Carthy, Ita, Sellevold, Kirsti & Smith, Olivia Smith (2017). Cognitive Confusions: Dreams, Delusions and Illusions in Early Modern Culture. Oxford: Legenda.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2013). Renaissance Keywords. Oxford: Legenda.
- Mac Carthy, Ita & Huk, Romana (2019). Grace in Question. Religion and Literature 49(2).
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2018). Raphael: The Drawings. Renaissance Studies 32(5): 848-857.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2014). Ariosto’s Grace: The View from Lodovico Dolce. Modern Language Notes 129(3): 845-859.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2009). Ariosto the Lunar Traveller. Modern Languages Review 104: 71-82.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2009). Grace and the “Reach of Art” in Castiglione and Raphael. Word and Image 25: 33-45.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2007). Ariosto the Traveller. Modern Languages Review 102: 397-409.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2005). Marfisa and Gender Performance in the 'Orlando furioso'. Italian Studies 60: 178-195.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2004). Alcina's Island: From Imitation to Innovation. Italica 81: 325-350.
- Mac Carthy, Ita (2003). Olimpia: Faithful or Foolhardy? Olifant 22: 103-118.