The list below shows Durham University research staff who are members of IMEMS. Click the member's name to see a more detailed biography and department.
We also welcome anyone from outside the University with an interest in our work to join. Membership is free of charge. You will receive invitations to our programme of events, with a weekly emails digest about what is happening in the Insitute and further afield. To join IMEMS contact: email@example.com
Professor Ludmilla Jordanova
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2012). The Look of the Past: Visual and Material Evidence in Historical Practice. Cambridge University Press.
- Jordanova, L.J. (2000). Defining features: scientific and medical portraits 1660-2000. Reaktion Books.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2008). ‘Image Matters’. Historical Journal 51(03): 777-791.
Chapter in book
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2012). ‘Approaching Visual Materials’. In Research Methods for History. Gunn, Simon & Faire, Lucy Edinburgh University Press. 30-47.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2011). ‘The Practice of Cultural History in Britain’, transcript Verlag, Bielefeld. In Cultural History in Europe. Institutions – Themes – Perspectives. Rogge, Jörg 63-78.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2010). ‘History, Photography and Skilled Handiwork’, in both English and Italian. In Artigiani. Published by the photographer, Francesco Filangeri, to accompany his exhibition. 9-19.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2010). ‘Is this a Portrait I see before me?’. In Beth Fisher: Grisaille Legacy. Royal Scottish Aacademy, Edinburgh. 11-19.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2010). ‘Visualizing Identity’. In Identity. Walker, Giselle & Leedham-Green, Elisabeth Cambridge University Press. 127-156.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2010). ‘What’s in a Name? Portraits of the Inner World’. In Portraits: Patients and Psychiatrists. published by the artist, Gemma Anderson, to accompany her exhibition. 25-8.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2008). ‘Picture-Talking: Portraiture and Conversation in Britain, 1800-1830’. In The Concept and Practice of Conversation in the Long Eighteenth Century, 1688-1848. Halsey, Katie & Slinn, Jane Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 151-169.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2007). ‘Marking Time’. In History, Commemoration, and National Preoccupation: Trafalgar 1805-2005. Hoock, Holger Oxford University Press for the British Academy. 7-17.
- Hulme, P. & Jordanova, L.J. (1990). The Enlightenment and its shadows. Routledge.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2011). ‘What’s in a Name? Historians and Theory’. The English Historical Review 126(523): 1456-1177.
- Jordanova, Ludmilla (2010). ‘Keith Brown Memorial Lecture. Medical Portraiture: the Case of William Harvey’. Liverpool Medical Institution Transactions and Report 15-21.