Workshop on Modelling and Policy Making (Tipping Points and Modelling theme)
As part of the Durham University Institute of Advanced Studies “Tipping Points in Modelling” seminar series 2014/15, we are hosting a workshop on Modelling and Policy Making.
We will discuss current and arising modelling challenges in large complex systems, such as energy systems, and the use of models in decision and policy making.
The speakers will be:
- James Patterson (Edinburgh University): “Exploring the future of Scottish land use and ecosystem service provision using the UK NEA scenarios and the CLIMSAVE IAP model”
- Peter Alexander (SRUC, Scotland’s Rural College): modelling and policy work related to UK energy crops
- Neil Strachan (University College London, leader of the EPSRC Whole Systems Energy Modelling [wholeSEM] consortium): whole energy systems modelling
- Andrew Stiel (Baringa): use of energy systems modelling in consultancy
- Chris Dent (Durham University): “Statistical modelling challenges in power system analysis”
If you would like to book a place, please email Camila Caiado (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact email@example.com for more information about this event.