Call for Papers: Durham Annual PGR Law Conference ‘Defending Individual Rights’
(2 March 2017)
The Centre for Ethics and Law of the Life Sciences (CELLS), The Human Rights Centre (HRC), and Law and Global Justice at Durham (LGJ) of Durham Law School invite submissions for a two-day conference on the topic ‘Defending Individual Rights’. The conference will be held in Durham on 8-9 May 2017 and provides a great opportunity for postgraduate researchers to present their work and receive valuable feedback.
The conference welcomes papers in the fields of human rights, medical law, bioethics, inter-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary research relating to wider debates over global justice and international law in general. The scope of the conference is not limited to the sub-themes mentioned and submissions from all legal and interdisciplinary fields are welcome.
On May 8th, a keynote presentation will be made by barrister Martha Spurrier, head of the Human Rights NGO Liberty, while on May 9th the keynote speaker will be Professor Deryck Beyleveld, Durham Law School. The presentations made by the postgraduate researchers will be organised in panels and a wine reception will be available for both nights of the conference. The event will conclude with a conference dinner the night of May 9th.
Submissions of abstracts of no more than 300 words should be emailed to the organising committee by
Friday, 24 March 2017. The selection of the papers will be finalised by Friday, 07 April 2017, and the selected postgraduate researchers will be required to send a copy of their completed papers by Friday, 28 April 2017.
Submissions and any enquiries can be made to:
firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com.
- Durham HRC's @DrAlanGreene interviewed in Brazil's O Globo on the recent terrorist attacks in the UK (in Portugese). https://t.co/g6ZvaDTPWT
Tweeted on Wed, 07 Jun 2017 17:09:30 +0100
- DurhamHRC's @DrAlanGreene in The Conversation on the recent terrorist attacks in the UK. https://t.co/soIJ4aYJcZ
Tweeted on Tue, 06 Jun 2017 13:01:38 +0100
- Forthcoming from @DurhamHRC's @seshaunawheatle: Principled Reasoning in Human Rights Adjudication (Hart, 2017): https://t.co/QpMKIFSyPh
Tweeted on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:00:29 +0100
- New article from @DrAlanGreene on legal v political definitions of #terrorism in ICLQ. https://t.co/v6OBqebP9d
Tweeted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:25:49 +0000
- New article by @DrAlanGreene on #Trump's executive order and national security.
Tweeted on Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:57:55 +0000
- Durham HRC's @DrAlanGreene on the conviction of Anjem Choudary and what it means for UK counter-terrorism. https://t.co/RAWnETocx7
Tweeted on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:55:24 +0100
- Special edition of the German Law Journal on #Brexit featuring Durham Law School's @ntinatzouvala
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:59:33 +0100
- Roger Masterman and Colin Murray @mastermanmurray reflecting on the British constitution post #Brexit https://t.co/3TZfFozckv
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:48:21 +0100
- Today at 1pm in PCL 056, Durham HRC welcomes @CornesLawNZUK.
All welcome! https://t.co/HjyZ0PXZer
Tweeted on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:26:51 +0100
- Written by our fantastic students with the help of @ThriveTeesside! https://t.co/f0txZEys0V
Tweeted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:08:51 +0100