The Mentoring System at Hatfield
Mentors are asked to develop activities and opportunities that promote the development of their mentees. The College requests that mentors:
- Be visible in College and among their mentees.
- Promote mentees’ individual development by devising activities in consultation with the group.
- Encourage involvement in development opportunities at College and University level, such as sport, volunteering, the arts, the Durham Award, etc.
- Encourage mentees to experience the full extent of Durham and its north-east surroundings.
The College expects that mentors:
- Participate in College life.
- Maintain regular contact with their mentees.
- Initiate events that promote individual development within the mentor group.
- Contribute to the Mentors’ Directory so that any student might approach a mentor for advice about an area of interest or expertise.
- Liaise with the Vice-Master/Senior Tutor and Assistant Senior Tutor.
- Attend termly get-togethers for mentors.
- Complete a log of activities with the mentor group at the end of each term.
- Encourage mentees to complete training on consent, bystander intervention, and safeguarding from radicalisation.