Dr Charitra Jain
Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Earth Sciences
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 42347
Room number: Rm 309
- Archean geodynamics
- Continent generation
- Craton formation
- Mantle convection
- Numerical modelling
- Plate tectonics
- Jain, C (2018). Self-Consistent Generation of Continents and Their Influence on Global Mantle Dynamics. PhD.
- Jain, C., Rozel, A. B., Tackley, P. J., Sanan, P. & Gerya, T. (2019). Growing primordial continental crust self-consistently in global mantle convection models. Gondwana Research 73: 96-122.
- Jain, C., Rozel, A. B. & Tackley, P. J. (2019). Quantifying the correlation between mobile continents and elevated temperatures in the subcontinental mantle. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 20(3): 1358-1386.
- Rozel, A. B., Golabek, G. J., Jain, C., Tackley, P. J. & Gerya, T. (2017). Continental crust formation on early Earth controlled by intrusive magmatism. Nature 545(7654): 332.
- Jain, C, Vogt, C & Clauser, C (2015). Maximum potential for geothermal power in Germany based on engineered geothermal systems. Geothermal Energy 3(1).