Dr Thomas Phillips, PhD
Indicators of Esteem
- 2017: Carlos Walter M. Campos Memorial Award:
Winner of the Carlos Walter M. Campos Memorial Award for the best international student paper presented at the AAPG International Conference and Exhibition: "3D seismic geomorphological mapping of clastic and carbonate reservoirs - The Farsund Basin, offshore southern Norway"
- 2017: Halstead Award: Winner of the Geologists' Association Halstead Award awarded to an individual who has made a substantial contribution to any area of geology at an early stage of their career
- Fault geometry and evolution
- Seismic interpretation
- Structural Geology
- Structural inheritance
Chapter in book
- Magee, Craig, Ernst, Richard E., Muirhead, James, Phillips, Thomas & Jackson, Christopher A.-L. (2018). Magma Transport Pathways in Large Igneous Provinces: Lessons from Combining Field Observations and Seismic Reflection Data. In Dyke Swarms of the World: A Modern Perspective. 45.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Jackson, Christopher A.-L. & Norcliffe, James R. (2020). Pre-inversion normal fault geometry controls inversion style and magnitude, Farsund Basin, offshore southern Norway. Solid Earth 11(4): 1489-1510.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Jackson, Christopher A.-L., Bell, Rebecca E. & Valencia, Ayunda A. (2020). Rivers, reefs and deltas: geomorphological evolution of the Jurassic of the Farsund Basin, offshore southern Norway. Petroleum Geoscience 26(1): 81-100.
- Phillips, Thomas B. & Magee, Craig (2020). Structural controls on the location, geometry and longevity of an intraplate volcanic system: the Tuatara Volcanic Field, Great South Basin, New Zealand. Journal of the Geological Society 177(5): 1039-1056.
- Phillips, Thomas B. & McCaffrey, Ken J.W. (2019). Terrane boundary reactivation, barriers to lateral fault propagation and reactivated fabrics - Rifting across the Median Batholith Zone, Great South Basin, New Zealand. Tectonics 38(11): 4027-4053.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Fazlikhani, Hamed, Gawthorpe, Rob L., Fossen, Haakon, Jackson, Christopher A.‐L., Bell, Rebecca E., Faleide, Jan I. & Rotevatn, Atle (2019). The influence of structural inheritance and multiphase extension on rift development, the northern North Sea. Tectonics 38(12): 4099-4126.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Magee, Craig, Jackson, Christopher A.-L. & Bell, Rebecca E. (2018). Determining the three-dimensional geometry of a dike swarm and its impact on later rift geometry using seismic reflection data. Geology 46(2): 119-122.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Jackson, Christopher A.-L., Bell, Rebecca E. & Duffy, Oliver B. (2018). Oblique reactivation of lithosphere-scale lineaments controls rift physiography – the upper-crustal expression of the Sorgenfrei–Tornquist Zone, offshore southern Norway. Solid Earth 9(2): 403-429.
- Phillips, Thomas B., Jackson, Christopher A-L., Bell, Rebecca E., Duffy, Oliver B. & Fossen, Haakon (2016). Reactivation of intrabasement structures during rifting: A case study from offshore southern Norway. Journal of Structural Geology 91: 54-73.