The Structural Geology Group investigates deformation at all scales in the lithosphere. The Group's fundamental aim is to understand the formation and evolution of basins, mountain belts and fault zones by integrating fieldwork and laboratory rock mechanics experiments with analysis of seismic reflection and remote sensing datasets. The Group specialises in the development and application of novel techniques to acquire and analyse geospatial and rock mechanics data. Our research links to the following Department of Earth Sciences themes: Solid Earth, Geoenergy, Resources and Waste, Geohazards.
- Prof Mark Allen, Professor
- Dr Nicola De Paola, Associate Professor
- Professor Robert Holdsworth, Professor of Structural Geology
- Prof Ken McCaffrey, Professor
- Prof Stefan Nielsen, Professor
- Dr Richard Walters, Assistant Professor
- Dr Thomas Phillips, Leverhulme Early Career Fellow