The Geodynamics Group is a rapidly growing research group, investigating the dynamics of the Earth sub-surface through various forward modelling techniques. The Earth Science department in Durham has specific expertise in both numerical and analog modelling of global geodynamics(mantle convection and plate tectonics), earthquake dynamics, physical volcanology, avalanches and landslides, and porous media flow dynamics.
The group actively interacts and collaborates with members within the group, but also has clear active research links with many of the other research groups (geophysics, structural geology, volcanology, geochemistry and environmental geoscience). The group meets weekly in the geodynamics and geochemistry lunch meeting.
- Dr Nicola De Paola, Associate Professor
- Dr Ed Llewellin, Associate Professor (Reader) Director of Research
- Prof Simon Mathias, Professor
- Prof Jim McElwaine, Professor of Geohazards
- Prof Stefan Nielsen, Professor
- Prof Jeroen van Hunen, Professor
- Dr Philip Heron, Marie Skłodowska Curie Research Fellow
- Dr Charitra Jain, Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Dr Juan Rodriguez-gonzalez, Postdoctoral Research Associate