Today is our department conference!
Today is our annual department conference when our undergraduates, postgraduates, research staff and academic staff come together to showcase what we have achieved throughout the year. Highlights include:
- Oral presentations by Level 4 dissertation students
- Two poster sessions at lunch and late afternoon
- Industry exhibition/recruitment stands
- Prizes for the best undergraduate/postgraduate oral and poster presentations (see below)
- Guest Speaker Dr Sue Loughlin, MBE, Chief Volcanologist at the British Geological Survey, and former PhD student at Durham, will be giving a talk to inspire everyone to pursue exciting, impactful careers in the geological sciences
More information can be found here.
(6 Jun 2017)
Free conference for Geology and Earth Science Teachers
Durham University's Department of Earth Sciences will be holding a free conference for teachers on 3 - 4 July 2017. The conference is free of charge and will include:
- free overnight accommodation on 3rd July at Collingwood College
- all meals, including a formal dinner
- a full timetable of events led by the department, including a field trip to Scremerston, Nortumberland
There will be an opportunity to:
- Explore new teaching methods
- Engage with new research
- Meet our academic experts
- Support your students
- Field trip to Northumberland included
You can find a copy of the programme here.
(2 Jun 2017)
Drilling for Shale Gas in Lancashire
Andy Aplin commented on Cuadrilla's current drilling activities in Lancashire in Big Issue North. The article can be found here.
(15 May 2017)