Department of Earth Sciences
Upcoming Department Seminars and Events:
Durham-led paper is most read in prestigious interdisciplinary journal since it began 10 years ago.
The paper was published in the inter-disciplinary Journal of the Royal Society: Interface.
More information and a link to the article can be found here.
(24 Aug 2015)
Durham Earth Sciences Professor of Unconventional Petroleum speaks to the BBC about fracking in the UK
As Lancashire County Council decides whether or not to allow test drilling for fracking to extract shale gas at two sites in the county, Professor Andy Aplin discusses the risks of Fracking in the UK with BBC Business Live.
View the interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05zz9yj/bbc-business-live-24062015 between 1:47 minutes and 5:45 minutes.
Earth Sciences Professor welcomed by Lower Sixth Students
Prof. Chris Greenwell and PhD student Izabela Walczak highlighted the opportunities and career choices available to those interested in studying Earth Sciences at Sedbergh School:
(15 Jun 2015)
Geothermal Prospecting in the Northeast
Dr Charlotte Adams speaks to the BBC about the potential to heat thousands of homes across the North East by tapping into deep sources of hot water along the Butterknowle Fault.
(10 Jun 2015)
- Welcome to Dr Martin Smith joining us as a Lecturer. Martin is an expert in weird and wonderful early fossils! @PalaeoSmith
Tweeted 10 hours ago
- https://t.co/BT2tfruVn3 https://t.co/ygWt3M3ITo
Tweeted 13 hours ago
- A big welcome to our geology freshers and welcome back to our 2nd, 3rd and 4th years!
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @GeoOutreach: 'Geothermal potential of Carboniferous sediments in E Midlands' Free lecture by Cat Hirst 13 Oct 6.30pm Nottingham http://…
Tweeted 1 day ago
- PhD Opportunity - fully funded (Home/EU fee rate) 'Modelling waves and earthquake rupture'
Tweeted 5 days ago