Department of Earth Sciences
Upcoming Department Seminars and Events:
Durham-led paper is most read in prestigious interdisciplinary journal since it began 10 years ago.
The paper was published in the inter-disciplinary Journal of the Royal Society: Interface.
More information and a link to the article can be found here.
(24 Aug 2015)
Decision to reject Lancashire fracking plan a sign of public uncertainty, expert says
The decision by Lancashire County Council not to allow test drilling for fracking indicates that there is public uncertainty about onshore exploration and especially shale gas, a Durham University expert says.
Durham Earth Sciences Professor of Unconventional Petroleum speaks to the BBC about fracking in the UK
As Lancashire County Council decides whether or not to allow test drilling for fracking to extract shale gas at two sites in the county, Professor Andy Aplin discusses the risks of Fracking in the UK with BBC Business Live.
View the interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05zz9yj/bbc-business-live-24062015 between 1:47 minutes and 5:45 minutes.
Earth Sciences Professor welcomed by Lower Sixth Students
Prof. Chris Greenwell and PhD student Izabela Walczak highlighted the opportunities and career choices available to those interested in studying Earth Sciences at Sedbergh School:
(15 Jun 2015)
- Trainee Secretary (Advanced Apprentice) Vacancy - No qualifications higher than level 4
Tweeted 2 days ago
- Durham scientists at the Great North Museum presentin earthquakes and hurricanes in the museum's catastrophe event! http://t.co/uYGQ7do3RX
Tweeted 6 days ago
- Our displays will be aimed at 7-11 year olds. https://t.co/IiGLCTrkJ3 … 2/2
Tweeted 1 week ago
- Good luck to everyone who is getting their exam results today!
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- The undergraduate pre-application open day booking system is now open for Saturday 26th September:
Tweeted on Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:02:19 +0100
Durham DH1 3LE
Tel: +44 0191 3342300
Fax: +44 0191 3342301
E-mail: earth.sciences @durham.ac.uk