Student travel for formal Wider Student Experience activity
Travel for Wider Student Experience activity should continue to be minimised although it is recognised that, in some cases, it is not possible to undertake the activity effectively without travelling to a specific venue or facility outside of Durham.
It is anticipated that the majority of the requirements will be local although in some cases, and where Government restrictions permit, some student groups may need to explore travelling longer distances to participate.
In all cases, and in advance of making any commitments, specific requirements should be discussed directly between the student organisation and their governing body – their College, the Students’ Union, Experience Durham or Student Enterprise.
In the context of travelling by road, the following restrictions must be adhered to:
- no car sharing should take place between members of different households;
- minibuses and coaches can be accessed by students from separate households as long as the following mitigating safety precautions are applied:
- passengers and drivers from separate households should be at least 1m apart (this defines the capacity of the vehicle);
- ventilation should be enhanced by opening windows;
- face coverings should be worn whilst in the vehicle unless an individual participant has an exemption not to do so.