FAQs for applicants and future students
Information for applicants
What safety measures do you have in place?
Our University community is based on respect and care for one another. We remind everyone to be mindful of the ongoing risks posed by Covid-19, to be considerate and to respect the choices of others.
We strongly advise our community to continue to take simple steps to protect themselves and others, emphasising Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air guidance.
Your health and safety is our priority
The health, safety and wellbeing of our students, colleagues and community, is our overriding priority.
To protect our community, we will maintain many of the current health and safety measures on campus:
Hand sanitisation and cleaning
- Hand sanitisation stations will continue to be provided in communal areas
- Clean as you go provisions will continue to be available on campus
- Regular cleaning will continue.
- Ventilation measures will also remain, including the use of air quality monitors and loggers for recognised Covid-19 air quality standards.
- From 19 July, social distancing is no longer a specific legal requirement. However, over the summer, as we prepare our campus for next year, we will continue to use local Risk Assessments to manage activities which may bring people into close contact
- For the new Academic Year, we anticipate operating all activities without social distancing, though this will be kept under regular review with plans in place should we need to revert to social distancing measures.
- From 19 July, face coverings are no longer a specific legal requirement. However, we strongly recommend wearing a face covering on campus to protect both yourself and the wider University community
- We would anticipate that everyone, except for those with a medical exemption, would wear a face covering when moving around inside a University building.