FAQs for applicants and future students
Can I obtain a refund for my academic course deposit? How do I do this?
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, tuition fee deposit refunds for PGT programmes will be agreed in the following circumstances:
- Academic entry qualifications (excluding English Language proficiency tests) not awarded due to Covid-19 (evidence required from university or awarding body)  in the absence of suitable alternative qualifications being accepted;
- Financial hardship related directly or indirectly to Covid-19 pandemic, including unexpected redundancy, withdrawal of sponsorship/loans/funding, owned or part-owned business going into liquidation, debts, homelessness, etc;
- Cancellation of all flights to the UK from home country or a ban on flights from home country traveling to the UK (direct or with change) (evidence required) ;
- Severe ill health of student, close relative and/or dependent (evidence required) which results in the student being unable to travel, apply for a visa or sit entry qualifications ;
- Lockdown restrictions in force that prevent travel ;
- Government advice (applicant’s home country) strongly discourages or bans travel to the UK) ;
- Government advice (UK only) strongly discourages or bans travel into the UK) ;
- Changes to the University’s academic year or mode of delivery impacts on availability of funding or specific futures plans, such as meeting professional requirements (evidence required) .