Our response to the Covid-19 infection
Durham University remains open and is responding to the COVID-19 virus with the health and wellbeing of our community and the communities of which we are part as our first priority.
We are working hard across the University community to prepare for the spread of the virus, provide up to date information and advice and offer support.
We are in regular contact with colleagues at Public Health England and other UK universities and we will contact our students and colleagues by email and update the guidance on this webpage as the situation develops.
As of Thursday 2 April, we wish to make students and colleagues aware of the following key advice and decisions:
- As a 'thank you' for how colleagues have responded to the Covid-19 crisis, two additional days of paid leave have been granted: Thursday 9 April and Tuesday 14 April;
- We are engaging with the Government regarding the Covid-19 Job Retention scheme;
- Key workers have been identified and written to. Each key worker (up to and including grade 8) required to work on site will be paid an additional £75 per week;
- We have set up an Incident Control Centre (ICC) to manage queries relating to the outbreak: email@example.com;
- Policy changes have been announced regarding this summer's assessments (Please see the full email to students here).
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
We are communicating regularly with staff and students via email. To read previous communications, please click on the links below.