Materials Physics is one of the largest, most diverse and dynamic fields in modern physics, encompassing all aspects of the solid and liquids states of matter. This breadth is reflected in the research undertaken at Durham which spans a wide range of subjects from light emitting polymers and solar cell materials to nanoscale magnetics.
Centre for Materials Physics
The Centre for Materials Physics encompasses several research groups, covering a wide range of theoretical and experimental physics. These are divided into three main research themes:
Durham has a long tradition of welcoming excellent students from all over the world. If you are thinking of applying to Durham University, of course you should look through these web pages at the research and training (and in particular our Ph.D Booklet and Ph.D handbook), but also try to speak with some of our alumni, they are our greatest ambassadors.
- 2 December 2015 13:00: CMP Seminar - Dr Helen He, University of Durham
- 7 December 2015 13:00: Intergroup: TBA - Rahul Chakno, Ethan Miller
- 9 December 2015 13:00: CMP Seminar - Prof Jens Eisert, Free University of Berlin
- 25 January 2016 13:00: Intergroup: Understanding the PhD thesis and viva: myths and regulations - Del Atkinson
- 8 February 2016 13:00: Intergroup - Rangarajan Radhakrishnan, Jack Panther
- 22 February 2016 13:00: Intergroup - Alexander Blair, Subkhi Sadullah
- 14 March 2016 13:00: Intergroup - Mark Etherington, Rongjuan Huang