The Centre for Medical Humanities addresses an emerging field of enquiry in which humanities and social sciences perspectives are brought to bear upon an exploration of the human side of medicine. We enjoy funding support from the Wellcome Trust as well as other funders for specific projects. These perspectives have a key role to play in analysing our expectations of medicine, and the relationship between medicine and our broader ideas of health, well-being and flourishing. We have an active community of postgraduates, a University wide network of affiliate academics and a vibrant programme of seminars, public engagement events, and visiting fellows.
Event Card 2013-14.
Please feel free to download the CMH event card.
Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events page also for ad hoc events and venue changes.
- Term Card 2013-2014 (last modified: 21 October 2013)
News Feed: Medical Humanities Blog
- ‘Being a Good Story: Living with Serious Illness’ Arthur Frank Public Lecture (Leeds, 20 May 2014) (10 Mar 2014)
- “Devouring Brains with Neuroscientists”: Liat Clark in WiredUK on Guerrilla Science’s “Brain Banquet” (London, 13–15 March 2014) (10 Mar 2014)
- The Day of Shelly’s Death – reviewed by Kyle W. West (8 Mar 2014)
- Events on Mental Health, Stigma and Theatre with Chris Lee and Catherine Hartley (Edinburgh, 26 March 2014) (7 Mar 2014)
- Death Online Research Symposium (Durham, 9th-10th April 2014) (6 Mar 2014)
Tel: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Fax: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Centre for Medical Humanities at Durham University http://www.dur.ac.uk/cmh Tweets by @literarti @felicitycallard @willviney
- 'Being a Good Story: Living with Serious Illness' Arthur Frank Public Lecture (Leeds, 20 May 2014) @LeedsMedHum http://t.co/9F9k131vIu
Tweeted 8 hours ago
- "Devouring Brains with Neuroscientists": @liatclark in @WiredUK on @guerillascience "Brain Banquet" w… http://t.co/At0GFbXSHm
Tweeted 14 hours ago
- Generous review of 'The Day of Shelly's Death: The #Poetry & #Ethnography of Grief' by @KW_SS55 http://t.co/AXKlhuBN7F @DUKEpress
Tweeted 2 days ago