Welcome to the Centre for Medical Humanities
Read more on the field of Medical Humanities.
News and events:
CMH/WRI Small Grants 2015-16 Awarded
Hubbub launches The Rest Test
You are all invited to share your experiences of rest as part of a global ‘Rest Test’, which launched on 3 November at 9pm on BBC Radio 4’s All in the Mind, presented by Hubbub Associate Director Claudia Hammond. Read more.
‘Hearing the Voice’ (HtV 2) another five years – congratulations!
The Wellcome Trust has awarded ‘Hearing the Voice’ another five-years of research as one of two projects to be the first of its Humanities and Social Science Collaborative Awards. ‘Hearing the Voice’ will continue with its innovative work in exploring the experience of voice hearing through unique insights from the humanities and social sciences. Read More.
Our colleagues and their research at Hearing the Voice have recently been highlighted in a post by Durham University. Read More.
Life of Breath Launch Event a huge success!
Guests gathered at Durham University’s Joachim Room on 23 September to celebrate the launch of Life of Breath, a Wellcome Trust funded project exploring breathing and breathlessness. Read More.
Soundings: Hubbub collaborates with Wellcome Library
Soundings is a series of collaborative sound performances devised by Hubbub resident poet SJ Fowler in response to prompts – including images, manuscripts and books – chosen by Wellcome Library staff from their collections. Read More.
'Breathing in context: historical and cross-cultural perspectives on breath' - an interdisciplinary symposium, 8-9 March 2016
This symposium offers an exciting platform to explore, discuss and gain insight into the perception and experience of breath and breathing practices both historically and cross-culturally. Read More.
Next Affiliates' Lunch 18th February, St Chad's SCR 12.30-2pm
The next Affiliates' Lunch will be used to discuss the latest developments at CMH and to engage Affiliates in discussions of plans for the future. Lunch will be provided - please contact Jane Abel if you would like to attend.
Next PG/ECR Network Meeting Tues 15th March, 4-6pm, St Chad's College
News Feed: Medical Humanities Blog
- Call for Researchers – Medicine Galleries (CfA, Science Museum, London) (5 Feb 2016)
- Artists’ Books and the Medical Humanities (Symposium, exhibition and workshop, Canterbury, April 2016) (5 Feb 2016)
- Post-doctoral fellowship – Ethical, legal and social aspects in brain-computer interfaces (BCI) (CfA, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal (IRCM)) (3 Feb 2016)
- Post-doctoral fellowship – Vulnerability and mental health research ethics (CfA, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal) (3 Feb 2016)
- Midwifery in the Nineteenth Century: Men, Microbes and Misrepresentation (CfP, Newcastle University, 17 February 2016) (3 Feb 2016)
Tel: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Centre for Medical Humanities at Durham University http://www.dur.ac.uk/cmh Tweets by @literarti @felicitycallard @willviney
- RT @DrBEvans: Calling all potential Medical Humanities and Social Science PhD students @livuni @mdiclhumanities @livuniHSS https://t.co/hm…
Tweeted 1 day ago
- Call for Researchers – Medicine Galleries (CfA, Science Museum, London) https://t.co/T9zAOEnW0B
Tweeted 2 days ago
- Artists’ Books and the Medical Humanities (Symposium, exhibition and workshop, Canterbury, April) https://t.co/DCRz7sI656
Tweeted 2 days ago