The Centre for Medical Humanities addresses an emerging field of enquiry in which humanities and social sciences perspectives are brought to bear upon an exploration of the human side of medicine. We enjoy funding support from the Wellcome Trust as well as other funders for specific projects. These perspectives have a key role to play in analysing our expectations of medicine, and the relationship between medicine and our broader ideas of health, well-being and flourishing. We have an active community of postgraduates, a University wide network of affiliate academics and a vibrant programme of seminars, public engagement events, and visiting fellows.
Please feel free to download the CMH event card which highlights our upsoming events and projects.
Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events page also for ad hoc events and venue changes.
- Event Card (last modified: 17 July 2014)
News Feed: Medical Humanities Blog
- Quality of Life, Happiness and Choice (Public Lecture, University of Bradford, 25 March 2015) (6 Mar 2015)
- Resources for Living: visualising experiences of food and eating for survivors of head and neck cancer (Talk by Dr Duika Burges Watson and Dr Susan Lewis, 12 March 2015) (5 Mar 2015)
- FSHI Book Prize 2015 (Prize, Foundation for the Sociology of Health and Illness, 27 March, 2015) (5 Mar 2015)
- Bloomsbury PhD Studentship 2015-16 (CfA, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 24 April 2015) (5 Mar 2015)
- Life and Limb: The Toll of the American Civil War (Exhibition, University of Liverpool’s School of Arts, 20th June 2015) (5 Mar 2015)
Tel: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Fax: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Centre for Medical Humanities at Durham University http://www.dur.ac.uk/cmh Tweets by @literarti @felicitycallard @willviney
- RT @mellojonny: Should doctors write about patients? Useful reading for a #narrative medicine conference http://t.co/E7Fm95Sf3X
Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @lunadolezal: CONF:Gender, Body and Medicine next week in @TLRHub , w many Ireland's Medical Humanities scholars @mdiclhumanities http:/…
Tweeted 4 hours ago
- Quality of Life, Happiness and Choice (Public Lecture, University of Bradford, 25 March 2015) http://t.co/m2Enyp0pQt
Tweeted 8 hours ago