The Centre for Medical Humanities addresses an emerging field of enquiry in which humanities and social sciences perspectives are brought to bear upon an exploration of the human side of medicine. We enjoy funding support from the Wellcome Trust as well as other funders for specific projects. These perspectives have a key role to play in analysing our expectations of medicine, and the relationship between medicine and our broader ideas of health, well-being and flourishing. We have an active community of postgraduates, a University wide network of affiliate academics and a vibrant programme of seminars, public engagement events, and visiting fellows.
Event Card 2013-14.
Please feel free to download the CMH event card.
Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events page also for ad hoc events and venue changes.
- Term Card 2013-2014 (last modified: 21 October 2013)
News Feed: Medical Humanities Blog
- Health Humanities: A Somatosphere Conference Review (24 Apr 2014)
- Job Opportunity – ‘Ethical, Social and Regulatory Aspects of Citizen Science in Biomedicine and Healthcare’ (Deadline: 19th May 2014) (24 Apr 2014)
- Stylistic Effects and Bodily Health in Medieval Aesthetics: Mary Carruthers (Public Lecture, Durham, 8 May 2014) (22 Apr 2014)
- Reimagining Global Health: An Introduction – reviewed by Mary-Anne Decatur (22 Apr 2014)
- Social Movements & Sociological Knowledge on Mental Health: Where Are We Now? (Workshop, 13 June 2014, Wolverhampton) (22 Apr 2014)
Tel: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Fax: +44 (0)191 33 48277
Centre for Medical Humanities at Durham University http://www.dur.ac.uk/cmh Tweets by @literarti @felicitycallard @willviney
- Health Humanities: @Somatosphere Conference Review http://t.co/mp9z8UUV89 Impetus to revisit #medhums #healthhums distinctions?
Tweeted 8 hours ago
- The Motherlode & the Otherlode: @bovinelife's limited edn digital collection #art #music #MyalgicEncephalomyelitis http://t.co/Fr6qAC6h3U
Tweeted 11 hours ago
- Postdoc position: 'Ethical, Social and Regulatory Aspects of Citizen Science in Biomedicine and Healthcare'… http://t.co/qxJVZITFjx
Tweeted 15 hours ago