Microsoft Student Select Scheme
Microsoft Student Select Agreement: Purchase scheme for students at the University
All full-time, part-time or distance learning students at Durham University are eligible to purchase a selection of Microsoft software at special prices. These student licences will still be valid after you leave University, so you can continue using software purchased at these special prices, for as long as you want. The only qualifications you'll need are:
- You must be enrolled on a course leading to a recognised qualification.
- If you are a member of staff, you must be enrolled on a course leading to a qualification recognised by the UK Department of Education and Employment.
How to obtain
Anything else you need to know?
- Before you buy any products under the Microsoft Student Select Agreement, please check that your hardware meets the recommended system requirements.
- You are entitled to use either the most current version of the software or a prior version.
- Student licences cannot be enrolled in Software Assurance, which means that if you want to upgrade to a new version you must buy a new licence and a new CD.
- The products will require product activation. You will be sent a code to activate your software.
No manuals are available under this scheme, but bookshops offer a wide range of books about the software.