Connecting to Wireless
This page provides information regarding the settings required to enable staff & students to use their Apple PC on the University Wireless system.
For further information regarding the University Wireless service, including the location of all wireless access points, please follow the link on the right of this page.
Configuring your Wireless Connection
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Select Network from the Internet & Network section
- Select AirPort from the network adapter list, if it is not already turned on then click the Turn AirPort On button
- Select Join Other Network from the Network Name dropdown list
- At the dialogue box select Show Networks; your computer will scan for available wireless networks, select Durham University Wireless or DU Wireless depending on your location.
- The dialogue box will expand; enter your username and password in the boxes
- Click Join
- Click Apply
- When connecting you may get a message about 802.1x Authentication, the server certificate could not be validated
- Click Show Certificate and then select the tickbox for 'Always trust these certificates'
- Click Continue
- You should now have access to the University wireless service