Durham University Online - duo
duo is the University's networked learning environment. It can be accessed anywhere from: https://duo.dur.ac.uk. This is the URL you should use in any bookmarks.
Mobile phone/PDA users who have a QR Code reader installed can connect using the image to the right.
Advice about logging on is given on the Help tab.
- facilities to structure learning materials
- communication and collaboration tools
- online assessment
- resource discovery features
- user and course management tools
You may also hear the term 'Blackboard' - this is the software behind duo. Durham was an early adopter of Blackboard, starting in the year 2000. Today it is an integral part of learning and teaching at Durham.
Many features of duo have been extended by staff from the LTT using Java 'Building Block' technology.
Durham was an early user of the community portal - if you are interested in this you may want to look at the case studies in the related links section.
The LTT Help Blog contains advice for staff and students about using duo to enhance their learning and teaching.
What we are trying to do
Durham University Online (duo) strives to enhance the experience of the University community for all aspects of their connection with Durham University by:
- Enabling communication and information sharing for teaching, learning, research, administration and community
- Enriching the University experience including formal and informal collaboration and communication
- Facilitating simple and effective management of University processes
- Enhancing knowledge sharing and discovery
- Fostering inter-disciplinary learning and research communities