How To Find Us
You will find the Centre for the History of Medicine and Disease on the Queen's Campus of Durham University in Stockton-on-Tees.
We are housed in the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing.
Please report to Reception, they will show you the way to our offices.
From A19 North
Join the A66, signposted Stockton/Darlington.
Take the first slip road from A66, signposted Teesside Retail Park/Tees Barrage.
Turn right at the traffic lights, over the bridge across the A66, following signs for the Barrage.
Turn left at the roundabout.
From 19 South
Join the slip road for the A66 signpost Stockton/Darlington. Keep on the slip road and follow the signs for the Barrage as described above.
- GNER service runs from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station.
- The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.
- Queen's Campus is within walking distance from the railway station (about 10 minutes). Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. Walk over the footbridge and turn right along Station Street. At the roundabout walk straight into Harvard Avenue and turn right at the next small roundabout into University Boulevard which brings you to the car park.
* For those unable to climb the steps to the footbridge, the station approach road leads onto Mandale Road where successive right turns lead to Chapel Street and Station Street. As this is an extra half mile a taxi is recommended.
- Click here for National Railway services in Britain.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is just 8 miles from Stockton and Newcastle International Airport is 50 minutes drive. Alternatively, you can take the Metro to Newcastle Main Railway Station and from there a train to Darlington (see above for trains).
Regular Arriva Services run from Stockton and Middlesbrough to Teesdale and X1 Service from Durham, Newcastle, Sedgefield and Middlesbrough stop outside the Holliday Building on University Boulevard and travel directly to the University of Durham Science Site. For details of the Durham-Queen's Inter-Campus bus services, please see http://www.dur.ac.uk/travel/durham.queens/; location of bus stops at Queen's Campus and at the Durham Campus.