For Summer Congregation 2018, each student attending is guaranteed up to 2 tickets for guests to sit in the Nave (centre) area of the Cathedral and can request up to 2 extra guest tickets for seats in the Side Aisles. See the Cathedral map to view the seating areas.
- All tickets are available to order via the registration system which will open at the end of April.
- Guests must have a ticket to enter the Cathedral, graduands (students) do not require a ticket.
- There is no charge for tickets.
- There may be an opportunity to request further extra tickets, depending on demand. We will email students in early June to advise if any extra tickets are available for their ceremony.
Everyone is welcome to come to Palace Green to enjoy the activities in the Congregation Fair and watch the graduand procession but guests must have a ticket to enter the Cathedral for the ceremony.
Guests or graduands can collect tickets:
- Either on Friday 22 June from Room PCL054 in the Law School, on the ground floor of the Palatine Centre, between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm
- OR on the day of the ceremony (only tickets for that day's ceremonies will be available to collect) from the Guest Ticket Desk in the marquee on Palace Green.
Tickets can be collecting from the following times:
9:00 am ceremony from 7:15 am
11:00 am ceremony from 9:00 am
2:00 pm ceremony from 11:00 am
4:00 pm ceremony from 1:30 pm
Guests will be guided into seats by University marshals as they arrive in the Cathedral, seated from the front to the back within the designated area stated on the ticket. The view of the stage from the Side Aisles is restricted due to the Cathedral architecture, however television monitors are installed throughout the Cathedral to enhance the viewing of the ceremony.
Children are welcome at Congregation and guests are encouraged to bring along (quiet) toys to keep them entertained during the ceremony. Children that require a seat will need a ticket, only babies (under 2 years old) can sit on guest's knees.