For Winter Congregation 2018, each student attending is guaranteed up to 2 tickets for guests and can request up to 6 extra guest tickets depending upon ceremony numbers. Please see the Cathedral map to view the layout.
- All tickets are available to order via the registration system which opens on 18 October and will close on 3 January. There is no charge for tickets.
- If there are insufficient extra tickets remaining for the ceremony, students need to keep trying to request the tickets via the registration system up until 3 January, as tickets may be returned by other students who no longer require them.
- If students are not successful in obtaining the extra tickets they require via the registration system or need additional extra tickets for the ceremony, we will start a waiting list on Thursday, 4 January from 8:00 am, please contact the Ceremonies Unit after this time to check if any extra tickets are available or to be added to the waiting list for any returns.
- Guests must have a ticket to enter the Cathedral, graduands (students) do not require a ticket.
Everyone is welcome to come to Palace Green to enjoy the activities in the Congregation Fair and watch the graduand procession but guests must have a ticket to enter the Cathedral for the ceremony. Ceremonies will also be streamed live on our website and to Elvet Riverside 1 Lecture Theatre which is available for guests to attend without tickets.
Guests or graduands can collect tickets:
- Either on Wednesday 10 January from the reception desk in the Palatine Centre between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm
- OR on the day of the ceremony (only tickets for that day's ceremonies will be available to collect) from the Guest Ticket Desk in Palace Green Library. Tickets can be collecting from the following times:
10:00 am ceremony from 8:15 am
12:00 noon ceremony from 10:00 am
3:00 pm ceremony from 12:00 noon
Guests will be guided into seats by University marshals as they arrive in the Cathedral, filling all seats from the front to the back. The view of the stage from the Side Aisles is restricted due to the Cathedral architecture, however television monitors are installed throughout the Cathedral to enhance the viewing of the ceremony.
Children are welcome at Congregation and guests are encouraged to bring along (quiet) toys to keep them entertained during the ceremony. Children that require a seat will need a ticket, only babies (under 2 years old) can sit on guest's knees.