How to register
All students must complete the registration process for Congregation and Degree Documents, whether attending the ceremony or not. For Summer Congregation 2018, the registration system will be open between April and June.
The Congregation and Parchment registration system is available in the Banner Self Service link on DUO.
- Students on Distance Learning and Global Learning Centre programmes need to click on the Student Record System tab to view Banner Self Service.
- If you are currently studying on another programme DUO will access information relating to your current programme. To access the registration system for your previous award, log into DUO, Banner Self Service then click on 'Your Other Student Records', press Login for the correct award for Congregation and return to Banner Self Service menu and click on Congregation and Parchment.
- Students on validated programmes register via their department.
- If you cannot access DUO try following the Password Problems section on the Help screen or contact the CIS Service Desk or telephone the Ceremonies Unit, after the opening time, and we can register you over the phone.
The Congregation and Parchment registration system enables students to:
- confirm details for the delivery of degree documents
- state whether or not you wish to attend the Congregation ceremony or defer attendance to the next Congregation
- if attending the ceremony, request guest tickets, provides links to order robes and photographs
- Doctoral students to confirm the thesis title (to be read out at the ceremony, if attending, and printed in the programme)
You can register before your results are published. Students who fail to register will be unable to attend a future Congregation.
Students can return to the registration system to check or amend details at any time before the registration deadline. Any details previously input will be displayed, including the number of tickets allocated. Students are advised to only amend details they wish to change. After the registration deadline on 20 June students should contact the Ceremonies Unit to amend registration details.
Deferring your Congregation
If it is not possible for you to attend Summer Congregation 2018 you can select, when registering, to defer your attendance to Winter Congregation 2019. Remember you can change your attendance to defer on the registration system at any time during the registration period.
Results must be published by 20 June 2018. Postgraduate research students must submit the final electronic thesis by Friday 1 June 2018 for the results to be published by this deadline.
No degree or other qualification shall normally be conferred upon a student while he/she has a significant tuition fee debt owing to the University, in line with the University General Regulation IX B.
Only students awarded a Bachelor, Undergraduate Master, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Master or a Doctorate award are eligible to attend Congregation. Students awarded any other qualification e.g. Undergraduate Certificate, Undergraduate Diploma or Graduate Diploma, are not able to attend the ceremony.
Degree Documents are not issued at the ceremony and will be posted to students normally within 8 weeks of Congregation by the Student Registry office. Please note this is production time and does not incorporate delivery time. If you need your degree documents in a shorter time frame, you will need to select courier delivery. Further information on degree documents is published at: https://www.dur.ac.uk/student.registry/qualifications/