Successful research students
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Boonyarat Chokebandanchai: 'The Protection and Disclosure of Medical Confidentiality in Court Proceedings in Thailand' (2010 - supervised by Beyleveld). Now: Associate Professor at Naseuan University, Thailand.
- Benedict Douglas: 'The Necessity and Possibility of the Use of the Principle of Generic Consistency by the UK Courts to Answer Fundamental Questions of Convention Rights Interpretation' (2012 - supervised by Beyleveld & Pattinson). Now: Lecturer in Law, Durham University.
- Daniel Fenwick: 'A Gewirthian Conception of the Right to Enabled Suicide in England and Wales' (2015 - supervised by Pattinson & Baker). Now: Lecturer in Law, Northumbria University.
- Feifei Liu: 'Biofuel Legislative and Policy Framework and Sustainable Development: From Perspectives of Developing Countries' (2016 - supervised by Adcock & Tomasic).
- Clayton Ó Néill, ‘Is there Appropriate Weight given to the Abrahamic Religious Beliefs of Patients and Healthcare Professionals in English Medical Law?’ (2017 - supervised by Pattinson & Leigh). Now: Lecturer in Law, Nottingham Law School
- Sadaf Shariat, 'The Principle of Generic Consistency as the Surpeme Principle of Human Rights and the Interpretation of Ordre Public and Morality in EU Patent Law' (2017 - supervised by Beyleveld & Adcock)
- Yi-Hung (Wesley) Weng: 'The Balance between the Data Protection Law Regime and Modern Technologies: Collision or Collaboration? − A Comparative Study of Regulatory Instruments in the EU and Taiwan' (2013 - supervised by Beyleveld & Leigh). Now: Assistant Professor, Shih Hsin University.
Master of Jurisprudence (MJur)
- John Adenitire: 'Making Sense of the Disagreements about the Nature of Law: The Puzzles of Legal Normativity and Human Autonomy' (2012 - supervised by Beyleveld & Phillipson). Now: PhD student, Cambridge University.
- Rebecca Blackburn: 'Ending One's Own Life: Unjustifiable Injustice' (2011 - supervised by Pattinson & Rackley). Now: Solicitor at Eversheds.
- Chantell Burrows: 'Deconstructing Motherhood: A critique of the regulation of surrogacy' (2011 - supervised by Rackely & Pattinson)
- Daniel Fenwick: 'Recognition of the Violation of Women's Human Rights Under the European Convention of Human Rights in the Context of Restrictive Abortion Regimes' (2011 - supervised by Pattinson & Beyleveld). Now: Lecturer in Law, Northumbria University.
- Elizabeth Gibbison (née Robinson): 'Lessons from Odysseus and Beyond: Why Lacking Morality Means Lacking Totality in the Mental Capacity Act 2005' (2014 - supervised by Pattinson). Now: Solicitor at Hay & Kilner.