We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Care Leavers

I am a care leaver and would like more information - who can I contact?

The University's main contact for supporting care leavers is Richard Coldwell

Richard can provide information and advice regarding the range of support services on offer to students at Durham. Whether you are a prospective or current student please contact Richard and if he cannot answer your query hiself he will direct you to the most relevant person. Richard can be contacted at or on 0191 334 49122 ( or 49122) by internal phone).

Please note: due to GDPR compliance the University may only speak with the student or prospective student directly unless we have consent to do otherwise. If you are a care leaver and would like us to speak with someone else on your behalf, please confirm in writing that you consent to us doing so. For this, you can simply email Richard at the email address above. Thank you for your understanding.

For more information, including to access our privacy policies, please see: